Seer, close your eyes."
LCCC Mystery Cell 2014 started off in an unorthodox fashion as we listened to the dulcet tones of the One Night: Ultimate Werewolf narrator, backed by the lively chirping of crickets. We were getting familiar with the intricacies of the board game, a spin-off of Ultimate Werewolf, which is a super advanced version of the more commonly-known game "Mafia". The purpose: to prepare ourselves for the main part of Mystery Cell, which was based off of this game!
|Chris being the Troublemaker... tsktsk.|
- Werewolf - performs an action to kill one person throughout the activity
- Minion - look out for keyword from mod to know they are on werewolf’s team; during discussion, try to keep people from killing werewolf
- Villagers - no particular role; can give them random actions to perform, if you want
- Healer - perform an action to heal one person through the activity
- Cupid - perform an action of two separate people, making them lovers so that if one of them dies, the other dies as well from heartbreak
- Hunter - if dies, gets to choose one person to die with them
- Mayor  - gets to vote twice during discussion period
- Diseased - if killed by werewolf, werewolf is only able to respond to questions during discussion; they are not able to initiate any speech. Applies even if Diseased was saved by healer.
- Defence Lawyer - during discussion, no matter who is being accused, always try to defend them, even if you think they’re the Werewolf
- Prosecutor - during discussion, accuse everyone left and right
- Doppelganger - go up to mod before the activity starts and choose one person that they want to become
- Invinciboy/Invincigirl - Cannot die, whether by werewolf kill or voting or Hunter’s choice
- Fortune Teller - Ask the mod privately one yes or no question any time during the game with no limitations about what they can ask
- Villagers 
- Tanner - suicidal; wins if they die
Yes, I was too lazy to actually explain it so I just copied and pasted it from our secret Meeting Minutes. But that's okay, it should be relatively straightforward. Anyway, our Mystery Cell consisted of three independent activities (ie. three new 'Games' where everyone gets a new role)—an Easter Egg Hunt in the basement of UCC, Easter Egg Decorating, and an Eggstatic Obstacle Course! During each activity, interaction was high as LCCCers tried to kill, heal, or set up fellow participants.
|Activity #1: Easter Egg Hunt!|
|Activity #2: Easter Egg Decorating!!|
|(We didn't take the camera out for the physically-intensive Eggtastic Obstacle Course, so this will have to do)|
Activity #3: Eggtastic Obstacle Course!!!
After the main part of our Mystery Cell, it was the most important part of the night—the farewell to the graduating members of LCCC. This year, LCCC's graduating class of 2014 consisted of Alana Chung and Gary Tong, two dedicated members that had been through the ups and downs for a long time. Both members gave heartfelt speeches as they talked about how LCCC has helped them grow throughout their years at Western, causing many of us to take out our tissues (or at least, to steal tissues from Viatrix). Alana also surprised us with a video scrapbook that she had made with her sister, compiling a bunch of photos and videos that highlighted the highs of her four years with LCCC.
|Two LCCC veterans that had been through it all.|
|Gary was pleased :)|